We are delighted to offer an exciting new suite of courses for Governors this year. We are extremely fortunate to have a diverse and experienced team of presenters who will support Governors to meet the challenges they face. Whether you are new to governance or someone with more experience we feel that these sessions will provide the necessary knowledge and up to date information required to fulfil this complex and ever demanding role.
There will be 10 twilight sessions delivered across the year in participating schools. All sessions will be held in or near Rutland so that they are as accessible to Governors as possible.
Governor training sessions:
- Roles and Responsibilities of Governors
- Effective Governance
- Next steps in monitoring effective use of Pupil Premium for Governors
- Safeguarding Update for Governors
- Managing complaints, concerns and grumbling. A pragmatic approach
- Monitoring and evaluating with a focus on curriculum and the implications of the new inspection framework
- Understanding Data
- Governor Question Time
- SEND and the Equality Duty
- Chairing an effective meeting